In the January issue of CAROUSEL, the publication takes on a whole new look !
Articles included in the magazine include:
- Strong growth with new rides and new dates for Butler Amusements as they end their season at the Big Fresno Fair in California.
- Coming off a 1999 season that ended with flooding at their winter quarters, Powers Great American Midways has taken on the challenges of the 2000 season and is ready for the rest of the millennium.
- The Thebault-Blomsness partnership encompasses Astro Amusements and All-Star Amusements. Come along with Astro Amusements to the Illinois State Fair, an event the show has played since 1992.
- There is a new Stinson Band Organ on the Astro Amusements' midway.
- The Amusement Industry Expo brought out the leaders of the outdoor industry and CAROUSEL has them captured in action on the show floor.
- Whether it is north or south of the border, fun at a carnival is still the same. Travel to Mexico to enjoy one of the country's state fairs with a midway provided by three different carnivals.
- Ontario Amusements is a family-owned show in upstate New York that has carved its niche in playing a number of small dates.
- Wisdom Industries has introduced a new racking system for the Tilt-A-Whirl.
- The History of Train Shows follows the continued decline of rail transport for the industry and the increase in truck shows.
- A one-of-a-kind piece, the Boom Box, was a fun house that traded on looking like the music system of its time.
- CAROUSEL profiles one of its newest contributors: Lori Maynard
- Plus regular features such as Midway Talk, Manufacturer's Showcase, Who am I?, Direct From the Lots, and Modeler's Corner.