Special! Special! Special! The second edition of CAROUSEL’s Website and E-mail directory includes many of the industry’s manufacturers, suppliers and carnivals that have taken the leap into the computer age with their own information packed website and communication facilitator; the e-mail address. This keeper edition is an invaluable tool for anyone with an interest in the outdoor amusement industry.
Other Articles included in the June 2002 issue:
- Wright’s Outdoor Amusements played 3 dates in Texas, including two fairs: the Gillespie County Fair and Kendall Coaunty Fair, and a still date. Family owned and operated, the show plays year ‘round, generally traveling between Colorado and Texas. It faces the same problems as most other carnivals including a lack of appropriately licensed drivers, motivated help and government regulations.
- Farrow Shows, which continues providing the midway at the Northern Wisconsin Fair, brought in several new pieces, including a Zamperla Power Surge, new light towers, and a Wacky Worm coaster.
- In the face of difficult economic times, ride manufacturer Wisdom Industries has filed for reorganization. The company is optimistic about its future in the outdoor amusement industry.
- History of Trains (Part XXX) - The history continues with a profile of the late carnival and circus historian Joe McKennon. Aspects of the McCoy Wild West Show are also featured.
- Do You Remember profiles a Whip-style ride from S.B. Ramagosa known as the Latigo.
- Midway Personality features Magic Dixon, a veteran carnival employee who has most recently worked on the Heart of America midway.
- Manufacturer’s Showcase features several new offerings from Sellner Manufacturing, including the Jalopy Junction, a family car ride, and Bumble Bee Bop. Precision Dynamics Corporation has introduced several new styles of wristbands. Also, Cromers is a concession supply company that built its reputation on “being the worst in town.”
- Regular features in CAROUSEL include Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, and Modeler’s Corner.