The November issue of CAROUSEL features a variety of articles on the outdoor amusement industry.
- J& J Amusements has picked up a number of new pieces as well as a number of new contracts for the 2002 season. Many of the new dates were acquired at the Pugh Shows' bankruptcy auction.
- One of the new dates on the J&J Amusements schedule is the Robeson County Fair in Lumberton, North Carolina. Although the show had signed a contract with the fair when Pugh Shows was no longer able to fulfill the contract, J&J had to re-sign the fair after the bankruptcy auction.
- Eighty-year old show veteran Frank Rooney has been around carnivals almost his entire life. He has owned a wide array of sideshows and enjoys reminiscing about them.
- The George Washington Celebration in Texas features the 20th Century Independent Midway with rides and attractions that would certainly thrill and excite George himself.
- No hot air here! Spectacular Midways brought in rides for the Balloon Fest in Illinois.
- The History of Train Shows continues with a profile of the Showmen's League and its current niche in the outdoor amusement industry.
- CAROUSEL was out and about and visiting with Drew Expositions. View people and rides from the Drew midway.
- Wisdom's one-of-a-kind Moon Cooler ride was a kiddie/family piece that featured big bright smiling moon faces. Unlike the round and round umbrella rides, passengers on the Moon Cooler rode on a horizontal oval track.
- CAROUSEL takes readers on a walk Down Memory Lane with Great Southern Shows, a carnival owned by Malinda Drew Carr. The show played the Ohio State Fair and featured ticket boxes, generator trailers and office trailer all coordinated with elegant gold and white vertical stripes.
- Manufacturer's Showcase spotlights the silent generator units from Gull Wing Industries and a new concession trailer from Hitch-Hiker Manufacturing.
- Also included in the issue are regular features Direct From the Lots, Modeler's Corner, Midway Talk, with a sidebar on the controversy of the North Carolina State Fair contract; and classified ads.
- Watch for the expanded Modeler's Corner in the December issue. Great ideas in carnival modeling from those who create them.