Coming in the May 2003 issue:
- CARNIVAL magazine's 2003 Carnival Listing, a directory of hundreds of large, medium and small carnivals doing business in North America. The directory includes contact names, addresses, and other pertinent information. A great booking guide for any size event.
- Murphy Bros. Exposition has taken on Florida at the start of the 2003 season. Find out what innovative ideas have been implemented on this large show's midway. Also, review some of the dates that the show played during its 2002 season.
- In central New York, a relatively new carnival, Playland Amusements, has created quite a splash. In only a few short years, Joe Sofo Jr. and his wife, Roberta, have built not only a burgeoning midway, but also created a successful route.
- Take a Walk Down Memory Lane with the Deggeller Amusement Company. The show was founded by Allen and Irvin Deggeller and preceded the current Deggeller Attractions.
- Out and About makes a visit to the Strates Shows' lot, snapping photos of people and rides.
- Do You Remember Chance Manufacturing's Olympic Bobs? In the mid-'70s, this bobsled-style ride could be purchased for less than $115,000.
- There is still some controversy surrounding the North Carolina State Fair. Two individuals who were involved in the campaign for Commissioner of Agriculture have been arrested on federal charges. On another track, an investigation is underway over the awarding of a contract for a chairlift ride being erected at the fairgrounds.
- The History of Train Shows focuses on Al Wagner and Cavalcade of Amusements in the 1940s and '50s.
- Bright colors play a major role on every carnival midway. Colorful scenes from several shows offer prime examples of this.
- Manufacturer's Showcase spotlights a ride financing arrangement offered by Sellner Manufacturing; introduces a new ride for the 2003 season from Netherlands-based Mondial Rides, the Shock; and previews some new accessories from Concessions Manufacturing for their kettle corn operations.
- Plus, regular monthly features including Midway Talk, Direct From the Lots, Modeler's Corner, and Classified Ads